Mid-2020 Year update from me
It’s been an interesting year this year. From the initial zombie apocalypse scare, the bitcoin halving, and a year where all conferences are cancelled.
Though some conferences have decided to do online only, I’m not going to attend those ones because its not the same. Certainly if I have to pay for them. To me conferences are for socializing and sharing a beer or meal together.
Anyway just a little update on what I’ve been doing:
- I’ve been continuing my development making a better developer experience and building a better cross platform experience for several OSS projects related to bitcoin and privacy tech
- I’ve been still pushing the reasons on why you should run a full node. Therefore, I’ve decided to volunteer some of my time also to the Umbrel Project which makes running a full node easy for people to do.
- I’m advocating use of privacy technologies - mainly Tor. Because it gives people the right to do whatever they like. You may find some of my curated .onion links at that page. Feel free to create an issue if you want to add more.
- I’m still advocating decentralization. Because it makes things more robust. Not just running a full node, but hosting your own services too.
- I’m still trying to be as minimalist as possible. I’m careful of what I buy and would rather save in cool savings technology
Over the next few months, I hope to do the following:
- Build on the Pine64 Phone (It’s basically a pure Linux Phone, which an act as a desktop). Would be great to run a full node on there
- Continue contributing to various Open Source Projects
- Hope to have a saleable product / service in the pipeline soon based on the above (earn those sats!)